ADVERTISEMENT FOR AWARDING SCHOLARSHIP (FRESH) FOR GIRLS STUDENT BELONGING TO MINORITY COMMUNITY (UG & PG) SCHOLARSHIPS SCHEME 2019-20
Online Applications (www.directorateofhighereducation.assam.gov.in) are invited from the intending domicile girls students of Assam belonging to Minority Community, who fulfills the following general criteria for the above mentioned scholarship schemes.
QUANTUM OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- For UG level course @ Rs.6,000/- p.a.
- For PG level course @ Rs.10,000/- p.a.
GENERAL CONDITIONS or ELIGIBILITY
- The Girls students belonging to minority community must be a domicile of Assam, who has secured not less than 50% marks in the previous qualifying examination. Permanent Resident Certificate issued from D.C./S.D.O. (Civil) is MANDATORY. PR.C issued by others will not be accepted.
- The Girl students must belong to a notified minority/community. i.e. Muslims/Sikhs/ Christians/Buddhists/Jains and Parsis.
- The annual income of their parents/guardians from all sources should not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh only. Income Certificate issued by Circe Officer of the State Governments is required in respect of parents/guardians of the student MANDATORY. Income Certificate issued by others will not be accepted.
- A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to regular student studying in Govt./Provincialism Colleges and all Central & State Universities at Graduate and Post-Graduate Levels.
- The students must have a valid Bank Account in their name in a Nationalized Bank (Preferably SBI)
- The Scholarship amount will be credited in the selected bank account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- Selection will be made strictly on the basis o budgetary provision for the year 2019-20.
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP AND ITS RENEWAL:
- The Scholarship, once, awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the same course and same Institute on the production of recommended certificate from the appropriate academic authorities that the student has successfully cleared all the papers and secured minimum 50% marks in the previous year’s examination and attendance of the students at least 75%.
- If a student violates Institute discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered by the State Govt.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Intending students fulfilling the above mentioned criteria must apply online at www.directorateofhighereducation.assam.gov.in between 12th September 2019 to 30th September 2019 and take printout after online final submission and submit it to The Registrar/Principal/Head of the Institution shall verify the application and submit the documents (Hard copies of online form alongwith all relevant certificates/testimonials) to Directorate of Higher Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-781019 under his seal and signature on or before 15th October, 2019 positively.
LIST OF THE DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED (SCANNED):
- PRC from DC/S.D.O as Proof of Domicile of State of Assam (Mandatory), no other certificate will be accepted.
- Income Certificate issued by Circle Officer of the State Governments is required in respect of parents/guardians of the students; no other certificate will be accepted.
- Certificate from the Registrar/Head of the Institution in which the candidate is at present studying.
- Final mark sheet of last qualifying examinations (i.e. H.S./T.D.C.)
- Photograph and Signature of the candidate.
APPLICATIONS IN ANY FORM (SOFT COPY/HARD COPY) WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED AFTER THE DATES STUPULATED ABOVE.
For more details & the list of the selected beneficiaries will be notified in the Official Website of Director of Higher Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati www.directorateofhighereducation.assam.gov.in
The selected candidates will have to execute a bond before awarding the scholarship amount drawn by the scholar shall be refunded if he/she discontinues the research work/study during the tenure of scholarship or violate any terms & conditions of the award.
Advertisement: Click Here