High Court of Tripura, Agartala.
Last Date: 11/10/2019.
Applications are invited from the eligible practicing Advocates of Scheduled Tribes & Scheduled Castes who are Indian Citizens and who have attained the age of 35 years & have not attained the age of 48 years as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications and having at least seven years practice in Courts of Civil and Criminal jurisdiction as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications for filling up of 2 (two) vacancies in Grade-I of Tripura Judicial Service in accordance with the provisions of the Tripura Judicial Service Rules, 2003 (as amended up to date) in the Scale of Pay of Rs.51550-1230-58930-1380-63070/- per month plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules in Force.
Name of post: Grade-I of Tripura Judicial Service
- No. of posts: 2 (two)
- Scale of Pay: Rs.51550-1230-58930-1380-63070/- per month plus other allowances
- Qualification: Degree in Law granted by recognized University.
- Age: 35 years & have not attained the age of 48 years
The posts are for reserved category:-
- If not suitable candidate is found from the reserved categories as aforesaid, the posts may be filled up by the candidates other than those of the Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes as per rules.
- Therefore, willing eligible practicing Advocates of Un-reserved category who are Indian Citizens and who have attained the age of 35 years & have not attained the age of 45 years and having at least seven years practice in Courts of Civil and Criminal jurisdiction as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications may apply for these posts.
- ST/SC candidates of other States should apply as general category candidate along with Application fees prescribed for general candidate.
How to Apply: Applications in Prescribed Format available in the official Website of the High Court of Tripura (http://thc.nic.in) along with self attested copies of all certificates/documents, four copies of recent passport size photographs and Bank Daft of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- in case of Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes candidates) payable at Agartala in favour of the Registrar General, High Court of Tripura, Agartala should reach the undersigned on or before 11.10.2019.
Belated and incomplete applications will be rejected summarily.
The candidates shall have to appear in the Written Examination and Viva Voce at their own expenses as and when called for. Mere selection would not per se entitle a candidate to claim appointment.
If any candidate directly or indirectly tries to influence the recruiting authority by any means for his/her candidature will be disqualified for appointment.
General category candidates who obtain 60% or more marks or corresponding grade and candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes/Scheduled Castes who obtain 50% or more marks or corresponding grade in the Written Examination shall be eligible for Viva Voce.
- Applications stating the above particulars along with the following should reach the office of the Registrar General, High Court of Tripura, Agartala on or before 11.10.2019.
- The candidates already in Government Services shall apply either through proper channel or attach “No-Objection Certificate” from his/her employer.
- Self attested copy of certificate relating to Degree in Law granted by recognized University.
- Self attested copy of Enrolment Certificate granted by the Bar Council.
- Self attested copy of Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Self attested certificate of practice at the Bar issued by the concerned District & Sessions Judge of the concerned District and the President/Secretary of the concerned Bar Association.
- 4 (four) copies of self attested recent passport size photograph.
In case of application sent by post, envelope containing the application should be captioned “Application for appointment in Grade-I of the Tripura Judicial Service”.
Syllabus of the Written Examination and Interview for Direct Recruitment to Grade-I of the Tripura Judicial Service.
Syllabus Written Examination
i) Paper-I : One paper of 100 marks (during not less than 2 hours) to test the General Knowledge, aptitude, intelligence, test of comprehension and expression of law and General English including Essay Writing on legal topic and information technology.
ii) Paper-II : One paper of 100 marks (during not less than 2 hours) regarding objective questions and problems of law as regards the Transfer of Property Act, Civil Procedure Code, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Evidence Act, Indian Penal Code, Limitation Act.
iii) Paper-III : One paper of 100 marks (during not less than 2 hours) – consisting of Judge writing (Paper Book to be supplied) – Legal theories on jurisprudence, provision of the Constitution of India.
Note:- (The candidate is expected to refer to the relevant decisions of the Apex Court and the High Court while writing answer in Paper II & III)
Interview:- Viva-voce – 50 marks.
Language Proficiency Test
1) A Person, who, immediately after commencement of these Rules, has joined in Grade-I of Tripura Judicial Service by direct recruitment, and who did not have Bengali as one of the subjects in his Secondary, Higher Secondary or equivalent examination, on appointment, shall have to pass the language proficiency test in Bengali within two years of his entry into service.
2) The examination will be of one standard with marks allotted and time allotted in each group as follows:-
Details of Subjects, Full Marks & Time Allowed
(a) Conversation and reading – 40 marks– 15 minutes
(b) Translation – 30 marks – 1 hour
(c) Dictation – 30 marks – 30 minutes
3) Except as provided in these rules, procedure for conducting such proficiency test in Bengali shall be regulated by the relevant provisions of the Tripura Civil Services (Training and Departmental Examination) Rules,1975, as in force in the State.
N.B.:- Date of Written Examination will be notified in due course.