Manipur Technical University (MTU).
Last Date: 30/10/2019.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the position of one Junior Research Fellow in a 3 years research project entitled “Development of InSAR based techniques for high resolution surface topography, ice velocity and mass balance studies”, funded by Space Applications Centre-Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Department of Space, Govt of India, under the supervision of Dr. Rajkumar Kamaljit Singh (Principal Investigator).
Name of post: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Post: 1 (one)
Essential Qualification: M.Sc. in Physics. Candidates with M.E./M.Tech. degree in one of the disciplines: Electronics, Computer Science or Remote Sensing and GIS, can also apply. The candidate should have at least a first division (60%) and above or the equivalent grade if in grading system) in the qualifying degree. For candidates with M.Tech. degree, either Image Processing, Remote Sensing, Geoinformatices or Satellite & Space communication should be one of their core/elective subjects.
Desirable Qualification: Preference will be given to those with valid NET/GATE scores, having experience in analysis of earth observing satellite (EOS) data and a good knowledge of one of the computer programming languages (Python, Matlab, C/C++, IDL, FORTRAN90/95)
Post Duration: 3 years of coterminous with the project.
Emoluments (Consolidated): Rs.31,000 + 10% HRA for first two years (JRF) and Rs.35,000 + 10% HRA for the last year (SRF), if the work progress is satisfactory.
Nature of Job: The JRF is required to analyse satellite derived high-resolution data and help develop algorithms and modules for generation of surface topography and ice velocity.
How to Apply:-
- Application in plain paper along with recent passport size photograph, self-attested photocopies of degree certificates and mark sheets with complete bio-data must be sent to “Dr. Rajkumar Kamaljit Singh, Head, Department of Physics, Manipur Technical University, Govt Polytechnic Campus, Takyelpat, Imphal West-795004, Manipur” by hand or speed/registered post. One he envelope, please inscribe “Application for the post of Junior Research Fellow for ISRO sponsored project”
- Candidates may send a scanned copy of the same in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “Application for the post of Junior Research Fellow for ISRO sponsored project”.
- Last date for receipt of application is: 30-10-2019
Important Web Links:-
- Advertisement: Check Here
- Official Website: Click Here