SIKKIM UNIVERSITY invites applications from citizens of India for the following non-teaching posts on contract/temporary basis for its Centre for Endangered Languages (CEL) funded by the University Grants Commission. The duration of the posts are for three (03) months, to be renewed to a maximum of three (03) months on the basis of performance. The posts are co-terminus with the project/Centre and the University shall have no liability towards the incumbents in the event of the UGC closing down the Centre or the project at any time or as per the decision taken by Sikkim University
Name of the posts: Research Associate cum Digital Archivist
No. of post: 1
Emoluments: Rs. 30,000/- p.m. (Consolidated)
Essential Qualifications: Good academic record with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade where grading system is practiced at the Master’s degree level in an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Linguistic data management.
- Data digitization.
- Networking, Programming, OS familiarly, Web related, Security.
- To transcribe linguistic data.
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiarity with data archival and retrieval systems.
- Be able to carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the Coordinator/Chairperson.
Mode: Only application (followed by walk-in-interview)
The candidates applying for the above mentioned posts need to bring their CV and other essential documents.
Hard copy of the documents submitted will be verified at the time of interview.
Walk-in-interview will be conducted at 10 am on 16th October 2019 at the Centre for Endangered Languages, 5th Mile, MMH Building, Sikkim University.
Centre for Endangered Languages
PO Tadong, Gangtok, Sikkim
1. Applicants are requested to get registered themselves at the venue at the Centre for Endangered Languages, 5th Mile, MMH Building, Sikkim University.
2. Application fee of Rs. 500/- will have to be paid either as demand draft in favour of Sikkim University or by cash.
3. The University reserves the right to:
(a) Draw reserve panel(s) against the possible vacancies in the future.
(b) Relax any of the qualifications/experience at its discretion; and
(c) Not fill up any or all the advertised posts.
4. Persons already in service have to produce No Objection Certificate at the time of interview.
5. Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of the candidate concerned.
6. Candidates merely appearing in Interaction will not confer any right on the candidates for selection.
7. Sikkim University reserves the right to extend the closing date for receipt of applications.
8. Sikkim University also reserves the right to withdraw this Advertisement.
9. Sikkim University reserves the right to relax any of the condition of the eligibility criteria of the post advertised.
10. No interim queries regarding selection will be entertained at any stage.
11. The period of service, emoluments, allowances, facilities & other benefits of the selected candidates will be in accordance with the instructions/norms issued by Central Government/UGC from time to time and adopted by the University.
12. No TA/DA will be admissible for walk-in interaction and/or joining.
13. Documents if incomplete in any respect will not be considered.